The real estate appraisers at Avery Associates apply their extensive experience and education to a wide variety of assignments for our clients. Recent assignments include consulting to MassDevelopment in their negotiations with developers for the first major solar energy generating facility in Massachusetts and litigation support/expert testimony for the first class action suit to go to trial in Massachusetts regarding the 2003 oil spill in Buzzards Bay. Many of our assignments each year involve the permanent preservation of land for conservation, agriculture and forestry. Brief summaries of the typical range of valuation and advisory assignments completed follows.
The following is a brief summary of some of the appraisal activities engaged in by the firm:
- Valuation of bank facilities and branch network banks for National and State chartered financial institutions.
- Valuation of vacant tracts of land ranging up to 9,500 acres in size for residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial purposes.
- Valuation of more than 100 conservation restrictions/easements affecting property throughout Massachusetts including restrictions on Cape Cod and the Islands. Clients include The Nature Conservancy, Trust For Public Land, The Trustees of Reservations, MassAudubon, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Forest Service, local land trusts, Commonwealth of Massachusetts and private donors.
- Office building assignments include new and rehabilitated office developments in both suburban and urban markets. Assignments include a 150 acre corporate center with 1.2 million square feet.
- Retail property valuation assignments including shopping centers, restaurants and factory outlet centers.
- Valuation assignments for Fortune 500 companies involving industrial properties up to, and in excess of 1,000,000 square feet in size.
- Valuation of existing and proposed golf properties including Turner Hill, Stow Acres, Nashawtuc Country Club, Groton Country Club, Wellesley Country Club, Southers Marsh Golf Club, Boston Golf Club and Framingham Country Club.
- Residential property valuations ranging from single family homes to multi-family projects with hundreds of units. Assignments include Senior Housing, Assisted Living properties and affordable developments under MGL Chapter 40B.
Advisory and consultation services cover a broad spectrum. Services provided are briefly summarized as follows:
- Marketability studies for retail properties, residential developments and commercial developments.
- Arbitrator to resolve real estate disputes – Jonathan Avery has served on AAA panels for 20+ years
- Consultants to MassDevelopment in establishment of an ad valorem based system for collection of Municipal Service Fees at Devens, MA, the privatized former U.S. Army base. This ongoing assignment includes development of property record systems and assessed valuations for 30+ buildings containing approximately 2.5 million square feet of commercial, industrial and retail space.
- Financial feasibility analyses tailored to the specific criteria and needs of a variety of clients involved in investment and development properties.
- Litigation support and expert witness services for probate, eminent domain and environmental contamination cases.
- Instruction and training on valuation and analysis topics. Jonathan Avery is a certified USPAP instructor for the Appraisal Foundation.
The activities summarized above are indicative of the experience and professional skills available at Avery Associates. The company is equipped and experienced to provide answers to a broad range of real estate appraisal questions and advisory services in support of decision making involving real property.